- Payment is by bank transfer only please.
- Booking deposit and payment details will be provided on the booking form
- Once a provisional booking has been requested, we will send you all relevant paperwork by email and we ask that you confirm the booking within 5 working days
- A booking is only provisional, and not confirmed, until the booking form, terms & conditions and booking deposit have been completed, signed, sent and received by the Owners.
- If the provisional booking is not confirmed in the requested timescale it will be automatically cancelled
- Bookings including Christmas or New Years Eve carry a 10% surcharge on the standard rate
- A refundable, subject to terms and conditions, damages deposit of £300 is payable per booking.
- Cancellation charges apply, please refer to full terms and conditions for further details
- We strongly recommend all guests obtain suitable travel insurance at the point of confirming your booking.
|Description||From||To||Weekly||Week Night||Minimum Stay|
|Elsinore - High Season 2020||01 May 20||30 Sep 20||£1925||£275||5 Nights|
Terms & Conditions of Rental (indicative - latest terms and conditions will be sent for you to review prior to your booking )
1.1 The properties are owned and managed by "the property owner/s" who can be contacted at Bluestone Cottage, Route des Carrieres, Alderney, GY9 3YE and are hereafter referred to as “the Owners”
1.2 Customers renting property through the Owners are referred to as "the Guest".
1.3 The contractual relationship is directly between the Owners of the property and the Guest.
2.0 Duration and Times of Rental
2.1 Rentals are for a maximum of four weeks and commence at 16:00 on the first day of the rental and end at 10.30 on the day of departure unless otherwise notified.
This period is hereafter referred to as "the Holiday".
2.2 The period booked will be stated on the confirmation sent by email to the Guest when they book (the "Booking Confirmation"). The period booked cannot be exceeded unless the Owners gives written approval. The Guest will be liable for any cost, of whatever nature, incurred because of an unauthorised extension.
3.1 If a booking is made 8 weeks or more before the Holiday is due to start, a deposit of 30% of the rent is payable.
3.2 If a booking is made less than 8 weeks before the Holiday is due to start, the full rent, together with a refundable damages deposit (to cover loss or damage to the owners property) must be paid at the time of booking.
3.3 Should the Owners not accept or reject a booking request, all sums of money paid by the Guest in relation to the Holiday will be refunded immediately.
4.0 Final Payment
4.1 Unless otherwise agreed by the Owners in writing (and subject to clause 7 below) the price for the Holiday shall be the rent for the property as set out by the Owners by email at the time of the booking.
4.2 Subject to the Cancellation Provision in clause 6 below, as soon as the booking is received and accepted by the Owners and the Guests are in receipt of the Booking Confirmation, the Guest is liable for payment of the balance of the rent, along with any additional charges that may be due in relation to the Holiday.
4.3 Payment of the balance of the rent and additional charges are payable to the Owners eight weeks before the start of the Holiday ("the Due Date") and non-payment by the Due Date may, at the sole discretion of the Owners, treat the non-payment as notice of cancellation.
4.4 If payment is not received by the Due Date and in accordance with clause 4.3 above, the Owners have treated the non-payment as a cancellation of the Holiday, the Guest will lose their booking and the deposit shall be non-refundable.
4.5 The Owners shall not be responsible for sending reminders of the Due Date. The Due Date will be clearly set out on the Booking Confirmation.
5.0 Changing a Booking
5.1 Once a booking has been accepted by the Owners, the booking can only be changed to another property by treating the original booking as a cancellation (see clause 6).
5.2 The dates of the Holiday may be changed providing the property is available for the new dates and the Owners accept the change. In this case, a £50 re-booking fee is payable to the Owners.
6.1 Once a booking has been confirmed by the Owners, the booking can only be changed or cancelled with the written agreement of the Owners.
6.2 If you wish to cancel the booking the Guest must notify the Owners in writing (the "Cancellation Notice").
6.3 A booking can only be cancelled prior to the start of the letting.
6.4 In the event that a cancellation is made then a cancellation charge is payable depending on the number of days before the holiday start date that the Owners have received the Cancellation Notice. The Cancellation Charge (as a percentage of the rental cost of the Holiday) is set out below:
0 to 28 days:
100% of rental cost
28 to 55 days:
60% of rental cost
55 days or more:
30% of rental cost
7.0 Price Changes
The Owners reserve the right to amend prices on the website or booking forms due to errors or omissions but such changes shall be notified to the Guest as soon as possible and the Guest shall be able to cancel the booking if the amended price is significantly higher than the original price quoted.
8.0 Method of Payment
Payments can be made by electronic bank transfer.
9.0 Group Bookings
The Owners have the right to refuse a booking from a group of 3 or more single people under the age of 25 or all male or all female parties of more than 4 people.
10.0 The Holiday
The Guest has the right to occupy the property for a holiday only. The letting does not confer a short hold tenancy or give rise to a relationship of Landlord and Tenant.
11.0 The Guest's Obligations
The Guest agrees:
- that they have been authorised by all members of the Guest group and that signing the booking form on their behalf binds all persons staying in the property to these Terms and Conditions and that they together with any other person entering the property with the consent of the Guest or any member of the party shall be fully responsible for any damage to the property or any of its contents or loss of any of its contents during the term of letting;
- to pay for any losses or damages to the property and contents caused by the Guest or a member of their party (reasonable wear and tear excluded), if it is proven that damage is directly attributable to the Guest then the Owners have the right to reclaim any costs and the Guest liability is not limited to the amount of the refundable damages deposit. All damage should be reported immediately so issues can be put right before the arrival of the next guests;
- to take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the Holiday. A cleaning service is not provided during the Holiday unless otherwise specified. Should the Owners be dissatisfied with the condition of the property upon the Guest's departure, they may reclaim any costs incurred up to the sum of £300 from the refundable damages deposit;
- that any refuse left for local disposal by the Guest on vacating the property must be properly bagged in leak-proof heavy-duty black refuse sacks – bags must not be overfilled and must be able to be lifted easily. It is important that bins get put out on collection day stated within the properties;
- to permit the Owners reasonable access to the property;
- not to part with possession of the property, or share it, except with members of the party shown on the Booking Form;
- not to sell or transfer the booking to another party without the Owners agreement;
- not to exceed the total number of people stipulated in the property description - a cot may only be occupied by a child aged 24 months or less;
- not to cause an annoyance or become a nuisance to occupants of adjoining premises;
- To be responsible for leaving the accommodations interior/exterior in good order and clean condition otherwise a cleaning charge of £17.50 per hour will be levied;
- not to smoke and not to use vaping equipment in or at the property.
12.0 Non-availability of Property
If for any reason beyond the Owners' control the property is not available on the date booked (owing, for example, to fire damage) or the property becomes unsuitable for holiday letting, all rent and charges paid in advance by the Guest will be refunded.
13.1 The Owners will not be liable for any act, neglect or default on the part of any other person not within their employ or otherwise under their control, nor for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience, whether to person or property, which the Guest or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of, or in any way connected with, the rental unless the Owners are responsible. In addition, the Owners accept no liability for loss of or damage to the Guest's possessions on the Owners' property or land.
13.2 Nothing in these clauses excludes or limits the liability of the Owners:
- for death or personal injury caused by the Owners' negligence;
- for any matter which it would be illegal for the Owners to exclude or attempt to exclude their liability.
14.1 All complaints must be notified to the Owners as soon as reasonably practicable, as the Owners may be required to carry out an on-the-spot investigation and if necessary, take remedial action. Guests have a legal obligation to mitigate their loss.
14.2 If the Owners are denied the opportunity of investigating the complaint within a reasonable time or denied the opportunity to put matters right during the Holiday, then the Guest will waive all rights.
15.1 Pets are only permitted with the prior written consent of the Owners and where pets are permitted; they are to be kept under control and exercised off the premises. There is a charge of £20 per pet per night and an additional damages deposit of £200.
15.2 Pets are not permitted in the bedrooms nor on the furniture and nor can the Owners accept responsibility for their safety. Pets must not be left in the property unsupervised as this can result in considerable damage to the property and distress to the pet.
15.3 Any fouling anywhere on the property must be cleared up without delay. Dogs must be up to date with flea and worming treatments. The Guest must bring suitable bedding for the dog or request some in the booking form.
15.4 The Guest must acquaint them self with “The Control of Dogs (Alderney) Ordinance 2002” a copy of which can be obtained from the States of Alderney. This regulation applies equally to both local and visiting dogs.
15.5 Where the description of a property states "Sorry no pets" or otherwise restricts the keeping of pets at the property, the Owners cannot guarantee that there have been no pets previously kept at the property.
16.0 Breach of Contract
16.1 If there is a breach of any of these clauses by the Guest or any of their party, the Owners reserve the right to re-enter the property and end the Holiday and ask the Guest and their party to leave.
16.2 If there is a breach of any of these conditions by the Owners, then the Guests have the right to end the Holiday and leave.
16.3 Ending the Holiday by the Owner or the Guest does not affect that party's other rights and remedies.
17.0 Data and Privacy
17.1 In making a booking we will ask for personal information such as your name, postal address, email address, date of birth, telephone number and payment details. We may use the data to inform you about news and information we think may be of interest to you. We will not pass your information onto any third parties for the purposes of administration. Contractors will not be allowed to use your personal information for any other purpose that that which the Owners may have instructed. By booking with us you are deemed to have consented to the use of personal information for these purposes. If you decide that you would prefer that your information is not used in this way or that you do not wish to receive such information, please contact us in writing or by email.
17.2 The Owners are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully, in accordance with the relevant Data Protections legislation.
18.0 Validity Clause
If any term or provision in these booking terms and conditions is found by any court, tribunal or administrative body or competent jurisdiction to be wholly or partly illegal, invalid, void, voidable, unenforceable or unreasonable it shall to the extent of such illegality, invalidity, voidness or unreasonableness be deemed to be severable and the remaining provisions of the booking conditions and the remainder of such provision shall continue in full force and effect.
The failure of the Owner to enforce or exercise at any time or for any period of time any term of or any right pursuant to this agreement does not constitute and shall not be construed as a waiver of any such term or right
20.0 Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The contract embodied in the booking is governed by The Bailiwick of Guernsey law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Bailiwick of Guernsey.
21.0 Entire Agreement.
The Guest agrees that the terms and conditions herein constitute the entire agreement of the parties and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous oral or written agreements concerning this subject matter.